Phillip Forest Lewitski is a star on the rise who you can see in the new Hulu pride film Wildhood and we caught up with the young actor to learn more about him!
The film follows Link (Lewitski) and his half-brother after they flee their abusive father and embark on a journey to find his Mi’kmaw mother after he finds out she is still alive. On the journey, Link finds community, identity, and love in the land where he belongs.
Phillip received the TIFF Rising Stars Award and the Canadian Screen Awards’ Best Lead Actor prize for his work in the movie. Next, he’ll be seen in the Apple TV+ series Masters of the Air.
Check out the 10 Fun Facts below:
- I have a bird named Pipette that I bring with me everywhere. She’s my good luck charm since I was a kid. One time a seagull thought she was Pipette’s mother, picked her up on the beach and I had to chase it in the ocean for a while. Thankfully, she was recovered practically unscathed.
- I don’t have a sense of smell. I had a head injury when I was a kid and woke up with a broken sniffer.
- I have seven siblings. Two sisters and five brothers. They are my best friends.
- My name means “fond of horses.” I only found that out after I had fallen in love with them. I am at my most peaceful grounded state when on a horse.
- I’m a huge fan of anime and my favorite one is Death Note.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts…
- I’m a Gemini. Do with that what you will.
- I really like cold showers. I didn’t at first but learned to enjoy it.
- I have a tattoo on the inside of my lip. It’s a smiley face.
- I’m part French, Mohawk, and Ukrainian.
- When I was a kid me and my siblings had a little orchestra of violins, cellos, pianos, and guitars.
You can watch Wildhood on Hulu right now!