Women and Hollywood is looking for two editorial fellows for the second half of 2022. The position will begin July 1 and end December 23. Applicants must be willing to commit to 10-15 hours per week for the full six months.
We are looking for people who are interested in film, writing, feminism, and popular culture.
Here are the responsibilities:
- Research and write crowdfunding, VOD/web series, Under the Radar, Artist to Watch (Writer to Watch, Composer to Watch, etc.) features
- Prepare monthly film and TV previews
- Update weekly newsletter dedicated to informing readers of films by/about women: add new releases, link to relevant content on the site, remove titles that are no longer playing, etc.
- Edit interviews with women directors for festival features
- Transcribe interviews with women directors, actors, and writers for festivals and other events as needed
- Conduct research projects, including research for infographics, podcasts, and presentations
- Write blog posts as needed
Applicants should be highly detail-oriented, well organized, have an excellent grasp of grammar, and be knowledgeable about new releases. Experience with WordPress is a plus.
The position will begin July 1. You will receive training before you begin. This is a paid position ($2,000 USD for six months) and you will need dependable internet access. Editorial Fellows report primarily to Laura Berger (Managing Editor) and Rachel Montpelier (Senior Editor) but will also interact with other team members.
All duties can be done virtually and can mostly be done according to your own schedule. Most communication will take place via email and Google Meet.
(Note: If you are not U.S.-based you will need to deal with your own tax issues.)
Please send a résumé and a short cover letter in an email explaining why you are interested in being an Editorial Fellow at Women and Hollywood to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is May 16 at 5 p.m. EST. Late submissions will not be considered. Please make the subject line of your email Women and Hollywood Editorial Fellowship.
Please be patient — we will respond to all applicants, but we are a small team and it may take awhile to get back to you. We will not be confirming receipt of your application: we will get back to you once we’ve had a chance to consider it. Thank you.